*TWITCHING ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE OF FEELS*



The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy #3)
Marie Rutkoski
Farrar, Strauss and Giroux | March 29, 2016
Status: Complete
          War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it with untrustworthy new allies and the empire as his enemy. Though he has convinced himself that he no longer loves Kestrel, Arin hasn’t forgotten her, or how she became exactly the kind of person he has always despised. She cared more for the empire than she did for the lives of innocent people-and certainly more than she did for him.
          At least, that’s what he thinks.
          In the frozen north, Kestrel is a prisoner in a brutal work camp. As she searches desperately for a way to escape, she wishes Arin could know what she sacrificed for him. She wishes she could make the empire pay for what they’ve done to her.
          But no one gets what they want just by wishing.
          As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover that the world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and they are caught in between. With so much to lose, can anybody really win?
The ending totally makes up for the 4 day delay of this delivery. I'm not even mad. Who am I kidding? I'm still pissed.

I love this series. It is fantastic. I reread the first two books and they were better than the first time. Marie Rutkoski created such an interesting world with a history that makes me reminisce our world's history. (1750-1914 in World History/Revolution Period) She also created wonderful characters. I love them dearly and they have such a wonderful dynamic. I love the relationship that develops between Kestrel and Arin. I also enjoyed Roshar immensely. He reminded me of Magnus Bane, but better.

War is coming. Arin is preparing to fight the Valorians and Kestrel is in a work camp. I thought this was similar to Celaena Sardothein from Throne of Glass when she was in Endovier. Both women are incredibly resourceful, intelligent and resilient. It was great to see more of this world, the not so glamorous side. I though that Arin was more vulnerable in this "installment". There was a lot more romance in this book, which is good and bad. (I finally got was I was wishing for, but it kind of distracts the war going on/it's not "appropriate" for their position). I was glued to the pages. I craved for the ending. I wanted to see how they survived. This book is literally a siren.

The writing had a nice flow and there were a couple of allusions, of sorts. These allusions, stories, paralleled the plot/story. Metaphors and Allusions. Potato Poh-tah-toe.

If you haven't started this series, go. It's life changing.
If you haven't started this book, expect more: war, strategy, romance and gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!